At Deductr, our most important asset is our relationship with you. Deductr is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of any personal information about our users. We are proud of our privacy practices and the strength of our site security and want you to know how we protect your information and use it to provide to you the service on Deductr.com and our Deductr mobile apps (the “Service”). Deductr stresses its privacy and security standards to guard against identity theft and provide security for your account information and other data. We regularly re-evaluate our privacy and security policies and adapt them as necessary to deal with new challenges.
This policy explains what information we collect when you use Deductr services, mobile applications, products, and content (“Services”). It also has information about how we store, use, transfer, and delete that information. We don’t just strive to comply with privacy law. We strive to earn your trust.
1. Your Privacy is not for sale. Simply put, we do not and will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
2. We limit the collection and use of personal information
Certain areas and features of Deductr.com are available to you without registration or the need to provide to us any information. However, in order to benefit from the full functionality of the Service, you need to register as a member and in so doing, to provide a user-defined Login ID, password, email address (collectively the “Login Information”), and billing information. Credit card numbers used to pay for your subscription are not stored in the Deductr database. They are stored under the security of our credit card transaction gateway and merchant services account.
Access to your Login Information is strictly restricted to Deductr employees and contractors, as needed, in order to operate, develop or improve the Service. These individuals have been subject to prior background checks and are bound by confidentiality obligations. They may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Deductr requires an email address from you in the following circumstances:
- Registration for the Service
- Registration for any Deductr Newsletter
- The use of any Forums on Deductr.com
- and To respond to any correspondence, such as emails or letters, from you.
3. Your Registration Information is kept private
Deductr does not sell or rent your Registration Information at any time. Deductr uses your Registration Information only as follows:
- to analyze site usage and improve the Service
- to deliver to you any administrative notices and communications relevant to your use of the Service
- to fulfill your requests for certain products and services
- for market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other criminal activity
- to provide you with special offers and promotions
- as otherwise set forth in this Privacy and Security Policy
In the event that you access the Service as brought to you by one of our co-brand partners, through a co-branded URL, your email address used for Registration on the Service, may be provided to such co-brand partner.
4. Account Information will not be disclosed Deductr does not sell, rent or disclose your personal Account Information. Deductr discloses your Account Information only to you and to third-party contractors who help Deductr provide the Service to you. Deductr may anonymize or aggregate financial transaction data derived from Account Information and disclose such data only in a non-personally identifiable manner to:
- Advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes, such as the number of users who applied for a credit card, or how many users clicked on a particular Deductr Offer
- Organizations approved by Deductr who conduct research into consumer spending
- Users of the Service for purposes of comparison of their personal financial situation relative to the broader community.
Such information does not identify you individually
5. Online session information and use is only used to improve your experience
Deductr doesn’t make money from ads. So we don’t collect data in order to advertise to you. Any tracking we do at Deductr is designed to make our product work as well as possible.
When you visit Deductr.com or use Deductr’s mobile apps, we may collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, device type, operating system, Internet protocol address, pages visited, and average time spent on our Website. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our product design and functionality.
6. External service providers will not be given your personal information without your permission
Deductr may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed and whether any action has been taken with a third party. We use this information to improve the quality of the Deductr Offers and customized content on the Service.
7. Blogs and other Forums on Deductr.com If you use a bulletin board, blog, or chat room on this Website, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
8. Contests, Giveaways and Surveys From time to time, Deductr may offer you the opportunity to participate in contests, giveaways and other promotions. Any information submitted in connection with such activities will be treated in accordance with this Privacy and Security Policy. From time to time, Deductr may also ask you to participate in surveys designed to help Deductr improve the Website and mobile apps. Any Personally–Identifying Information provided to Deductr in connection with any survey will be used only in relation to that survey.
Deductr may aggregate survey data and disclose such data only in aggregate and in a non-personally identifiable manner to:
- Advertisers and other third parties for their marketing and promotional purposes, such as the number of users who have more than one credit card
- Users of the Service for purposes of comparison of their personal financial situation relative to the broader community
- Such information does not identify you individually
9. Disclosure of your information to protect our rights or if required by law Notwithstanding the foregoing, Deductr reserves the right (and you authorize Deductr) to share or disclose your Registration Information and Account information when Deductr determines, in its sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against you if:
- to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities; or
- Necessary or required by any applicable law, rule regulation, subpoena or other legal process.
10. Your data may be transferred upon acquisition of Deductr but only in accordance with this policy Registration Information and Account Information may be transferred to a third party as a result of a sale, acquisition, merger, reorganization or other transfer (a “Transfer”) involving Deductr. Deductr specifically reserves the right to transfer Registration and Account Information to a third party in connection with a Transfer. Should such a Transfer occur, we will use our best efforts to require that the new combined entity follow this privacy and security policy with respect to your personal information, as and to the extent required by applicable law and require that you receive prior notice if your personal information could be used contrary to this policy.
11. You can transport or delete your data. Your data is yours. You can remove it anytime you want. When you request us to delete your account for the Service, your data will be permanently expunged from our primary production servers and further access to your account will not be possible. We will also promptly disconnect any connection we had established to your Account Information. However, portions of your data, consisting of aggregate data derived from your Account Information, may remain on our production servers indefinitely. Your data may also remain on a backup server or media. Deductr keeps these backups to ensure our continued ability to provide the Service to you in the event of malfunction or damage to our primary production servers.
12. Cookies and Web Beacons are used to analyze site usage and improve the Service “Cookies” are alphanumeric identifiers in the form of text files that are inserted and stored by your Web browser on your computer’s hard drive. Deductr may set and access cookies on your computer to track and store preferential information about you. Deductr may gather anonymous information about you through cookie technology on an aggregate level only. For example, Deductr may assign a cookie to you, to limit the amount of times you see a particular Deductr Offer or to help better determine which Deductr Offers to serve to you. Please note that most Internet browsers will allow you to stop cookies from being stored on your computer and to delete cookies stored on your computer. If you choose to eliminate cookies, the full functionality of the Service may be impaired for you.
13. We comply with CAN-SPAM and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) recently enacted in the European Union for our newsletter. Deductr sends only verified e-mail newsletters to Deductr subscribers and others who have specifically requested to receive such communications. Deductr subscribers have the ability to opt-out of receiving these newsletters. Deductr subscribers can click the UNSUBSCRIBE link in every email or contact Deductr directly by email at email@example.com and request removal from email communications. We also will send users service-related emails which they do not have the opt-out option due to the importance and “need to know” content of said communications.
14. Your data is secure and only seen by you. Simply put, your data is yours and only you (through your Registration Information) have access to your data on the Service. We use a combination of firewall barriers and authentication procedures to maintain the security of your online session and to protect Deductr accounts and systems from unauthorized access. When you register for the Service, Deductr requires you to create a password for your privacy and security. Deductr uses industry-standard 256 bit secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to protect billing data transmissions administered by our gateway and merchant account.
15. We use authentication to ensure that only you access your account. Authentication is the process you go through to access Deductr. This process takes place when you log into your account, the two key components of which are your Login ID and Password. If you have a security related concern, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work closely with you to ensure a rapid and personal response to your concerns.
16. We will notify you of any changes in this Privacy and Security Policy If we decide to change our privacy and security policy, we will update the date upon which this policy, including those changes became effective from at the top of this policy and post those changes to this policy, so that you are aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, we disclose it. We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time, so please review it frequently.
17. Former Customers
If you are a former customer, we treat your information in the same manner that we treat information about our current customers.
18. Contact us if you have any questions or concerns. If you have questions, comments, concerns or feedback regarding this Privacy and Security Policy, send an e-mail to email@example.com.
European Privacy Rights accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you reside or otherwise find yourself in the territory of Europe, we are committed to facilitate the exercise of your rights granted by the European Data Protection law. Otherwise you can contact us at any time to discuss your privacy concerns.
Privacy rights under the European General Data Protection law include:
Transparency and the right to information. Through this policy we explain how we use and share your information. However, if you have questions or concerns you can contact us any time using the contact information included at the end of the policy statement.
Right of access, objection, restriction of processing, erasure, and portability. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time when we process your personal data based on your consent. To exercise these rights, please contact us.
Right to opt-out to direct marketing. You have the right to opt-out at any time to receiving marketing materials from us by following the opt-out instructions in our commercial emails, by contacting us, or by adjusting your preferences under your Profile Details on the Site.
Please note that we reserve the right to send you other communications, including service announcements and administrative messages relating to your Deductr account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them as stated in the general policies above.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you consider that the processing of your personal data infringes your privacy rights according to the European Data Protection law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the member state of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement.
Date last revised: May 25, 2018